Sunday, February 04, 2007

Thoughts on March Meeting at ShmooCon

ShmooCon starts Friday 23 March at 3 pm at the Wardman Park Marriott Hotel near the Woodley Park/Zoo Metro stop. That first day of talks ends at 7 pm. I have recruited a special guest speaker, Chris Lee, from the Honeynet Project, as a guest speaker "near" ShmooCon.

I suggest we hold our March NoVA Sec meeting at ShmooCon at 1:30 pm Friday 23 March. We can find a suitable open space, grab it, and chat. Chris can chat without slides.

What do you think?

2 comments:

Da Kahuna said...

Hopefully we can find some time to talk some more about the idea of putting together some weekend "hacking" sessions.

Also - I am looking for some packet captures to practice with using Wireshark. Know any good sources? Unfortunately my ISP blocks everything before it reaches my firewall.

Chris said...

Sounds fine to me. I'll illustrate elaborate concepts with festive hand motions and grunting motions ;)

Seriously though, I'll just bring some printouts or something and chat.